The leadership of Sword and the Spirit Christian Fellowship believes that God's desire is for us to develop a vision for the type of church He would have us grow to be. We fully expect God to reveal His purposes to us as a believing community and we believe His full purpose will be revealed over a period of time. God's plans are so much more grand than man's that He usually reveals them to us in pieces so that we are able to digest them. Because of this we realize that our vision will grow as we mature in Him as a body.
Our purpose in publishing this vision is two-fold. The primary purpose is to be specific about our desires so that we may be unified in our prayers and approach. A secondary purpose is to let others, who have a like mind, to join us in prayer and fellowship and to lovingly point out where we may improve in our efforts to achieve these goals. Our primary goal is to be obedient to God's call for our fellowship and to be obedient to His every wish.
The essence of the vision is contained in the following things that we desire for our fellowship. These desires are presented in no particular order since we believe all of them need to be fulfilled in order to be complete in Him!
- We desire a congregation that is excited about God and the things of the Kingdom of God.
- We desire services that exhibit God's presence in such a manner that the members of the congregation will not attend out of duty but will attend because they know they will encounter God in a tangible way.
- We desire a congregation that will be disappointed when they cannot attend church due to other more pressing commitments.
- We desire a Fellowship that is fully open to the Holy Spirit and all the changes He is about to make in His church.
- We desire a Fellowship that is based on and energized by prayer. A church where prayer permeates the life of the church twenty-four hours a day.
- We desire a Fellowship that is aware of, and enjoys, the battle as well as the victories.
- We desire a Fellowship wherein Jesus is Lord and He reigns supreme in each and every aspect of our lives.
- We desire a Fellowship where the gifts of the Holy Spirit are free to flow, as God desires.
- We desire a congregation that witnesses to the love and glory of God to all who will listen.
- We desire Fellowship services that are safe enough for people to seek and receive emotional and mental healing.
- We desire a Fellowship that is courageous enough to take God's word seriously about praying for the sick while not worrying about our reputation and trusting God to do the healing.
- We desire a Fellowship that delivers demons as Jesus did without exhibition or fanfare.
- We desire a Church that embraces liturgical dance and the other arts as a form of worship.
- We desire a church that is fully and totally committed to the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit.
- We desire a church where obedience to God, Godly character and the fruit of the Holy Spirit are the primary motivators.
- We desire a church that seeks the manifest presence of God 24 hours a day 7 days a week (24/7) for each and every member as well as the body of Christ at large.
- We desire a Fellowship that operates in the Great Command to love and serve God with our whole heart, our whole mind and our whole body and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- We desire a church that takes the Great Commission seriously and whose primary purpose is to preach the gospel of the kingdom to rich and poor alike.